Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Red or Blue?

I find it curious that folks are willing to bash Obama before he has even begun. But I am biased,I reside on the left coast and identify with the blue. The red states represent the ignorant, the backward, the frightened. Hence we must be defensive. The red states are dangerous. The red states represent social conservatives and religious fundamentalists.

I am thrown into the division - the culture wars - this is the world as I found it. And I will take a stand and I will take a side. Let me over simplify for the sake of brevity and clarity: Blue is good; red is bad. Left coast, liberal, progressive, is good; bible belt, conservative, Christian, is bad.

Not every single person in a red state is the enemy, just a majority. When the red state majority opposes gay rights, threatens a woman's right to choose, and cares more about keeping their guns than feeding the hungry, they are hurting people.

I urge you, gentle reader, to take a stand and engage the battle lest you regret your thoughtful indecision. If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice.

1 comment:

Misty Fowler said...

I find it curious that the first thing you bring up in this post is Obama, and yet you want to divide us into red states and blue states. Have you not heard his 2004 DNC speech?

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter
    First Freedom First: Sign the Petition Now!

    lefty blogs